The Flash Point of Vaseline

An encyclopaedia of veritable thoughts and ideas. In other words the blog of a tall tales extraordinaire!

Thursday, October 05, 2006

British Telecom = Bad Time

I have been trying to upgrade my broadband with BT’s free upgrade to 8mb, having made several hundred call (about 3 actually!) over the past month I have still had no luck! Given that I have only been a client of theirs since I was 19 years old I clearly have not earned the right to any attention for being a valuable and trusted customer.

Bad news is… I have not even a sarcy mail like this gets their attention.

Good news is… I will have a new provider in a couple of weeks and BT can go shove themselves.


Can you please assist me? After trying to upgrade my broadband line speed to the potential of 3 mbps by calling your helpline and scouring this totally unusable website I find that rather than getting higher bit rate I have got higher blood pressure!

I am at the point now that the only option available to me to attain higher bit rate is to cancel my contracts with BT and move to a provider who is happy to speak with me and place me on a package I require there and then without me needing to spend mindless hours circumnavigating thier corporate website!

FYI I have a BT modem with line speed capability of 4mbps so all I need is someone to tappity tap into their computer there and make my line squeeze a bit more oomph down that twisted pair!

I don’t want a new modem, I don’t want free wifi minutes, I don’t want Norton internet security and I don’t want any other “freebes” that BT might think are cool but a complete waste of my time. I just want quicker broadband as promised in your glitzy messaging?

So can you either:

Make it happen, phone number below and promises of complete delight and furtherance of loyalty?

- or -

Tell me in plain English how I can make it happen, diagrams links and remote tutorial appreciated if I am to use my arch-nemesis bt.com again

- Potentially -

Tell me who I speak to about cancelling my contract and moving to someone less boring instead?

An answer to any of those will be acceptable as long as I GET quicker broadband!


Yours most annoyingly

James


PS this form this is a waste of space too - when it errors - which it does more often than not - you have to retype the whole message! BT what happened to your "customer service" that differentiated you?

PPS doesn’t that man who does your ad off My Family look old these days?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home