The Flash Point of Vaseline

An encyclopaedia of veritable thoughts and ideas. In other words the blog of a tall tales extraordinaire!

Friday, September 29, 2006

Bipolar disorder

Until recently I thought that Bipolar disorder was some casual artic mammal-on-mammal action during those long winter nights but it seems that it is not the case. Thanks to our modern day Oscar Wilde, her holiness Steven Fry (top man!) I am now both educated of the disorder and convinced I have it.

Well I mostly have it…. I show all the signs of mania, pretty much all of the time but without the aggravation of acute clinical depression at all.

This is the list of mania symptoms – do I have mania?

* elation
* short temper
* changing from short temper to elation and back again very quickly
* overactivity
* being easily distracted
* not sleeping
* overeating
* increase in sexual desire
* moving very quickly from topic to topic in conversation, making it very difficult for others to keep up
* speaking so quickly that it's difficult to understand all the words being said
* having very grandiose ideas

Oh shit… I’m a through and through maniac

This is the list of symptoms of depression.

* Sorry I don’t think I have the energy to put them here. You wouldn’t read them if I did anyhow.

Ed – I think this might be a paranoia joke rather than depression? Complaints on a postcard please to Steven Fry.

Apparently I also have a penchant to murder; this is according to my hairdresser who is aptly qualified to make such a diagnosis based on either: that he’s a third year Psychotherapy undergrad who knows about such things – or - maybe it stems back to last time he got my colour wrong? I had him scissors to throat threatening to douse him in BARBICIDE setting light to his limp and lifeless carcass? You decide.

Maybe I should take down the sign on my desk that says “you don’t need to be mad to work here, but it helps”?

2 Comments:

  • At 11:19 am, Blogger suze said…

    [b]maybe it stems back to last time he got my colour wrong?
    ha ha ha [/b]

    I KNEW you'd had a colour job James --- getting over 30 is a difficult time in the aging stakes ... of course ... but you needn't be ashamed of your humanity with me, my dear .. you know your surrogate mummy loves you regardless of colour ..

     
  • At 4:59 pm, Blogger James said…

    it's not just for men - OK?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home